Educational games is the way to indulge the people and make them to learn something good. Games have the detrimental impact on the mind development and change the way you imagine or behave. In addition, it is also helpful in increasing the brain power by improving basic cognitive skills such as problem solving, attention and memory.
Why educational games have the strongest impact on the learning of the people?
- Games stimulate the brain to produce dopamine, which encourages the creation of connections between the neurons. These connections are the basis of learning. (According to Paul Howard-Jones, Bristol University http://www.bristol.ac.uk/education/people/academicStaff/edpahj/publications/mbe_1108.pdf).
- The game brings computer and recreational fluency.
- Increase the thinking while making strategy and solving the problems within minimal time.
- Very useful in making hand and eye coordination.
- Proven to be beneficial in those having attention disorder.
- Ideal for skill building.
These reasons plus the nowadays addiction to technology are convincing to consider that games are the vital part of education and helpful in the child’s development.
Use of technology
Right now, there are technologies available helping the game developers to design the most creative and interactive games ever – for mobile, web or VR platforms. A successful game requires some important elements, good mechanics and dynamics for designing it. The digital games nowadays have created more activeness and as a result they indulge the children to learn by practice.
Game based learning is the ideal manner through which one can explore, role play, experiment different things, problem solve along with learning.
Game design principles for making effective educational games
- Concept should be original
The public love the new concepts. Thus, it will help them to remember more, therefore get engaged with it while having fun.
- Presence of a challenge and element of surprises
To make the game more interesting, it is important to add some challenges. Brain love surprises so it is important to keep it engaged by presenting different surprises under any form – in the game story, in the rewards, in the unexpected in general.
- Using every detail
A user must have the full information regarding the game at the time of playing it. The details are helpful for the learner to experience the game better, to boost up their confidence in their performance.
- Making appropriate strategy
If a game is having the involvement of strategy, then it is perfect for the player to have a control on his decisions and learn from the consequences of such decisions.
- Having the balance between entertainment and education
At Pixelhunters, we know how to draw a line between entertainment and education. The simple goal behind this feature is to give skills along with professional excellence, keeping the fun factor high all the time. Overall, important is not to have the players distracted and make them give their whole attention and time to the game.
- Aesthetic appearance
The game must look attractive and should be high in appeal. This is a way to pull the users towards it. A good visual is a way to engage the people even more, especially in the world of today where the multimedia vibrant content is an essential requirement.
To sum up – all the above-mentioned points are the best way to create an effective educational game. Increasing the gaming experience, influencing a proper desired behavior and improving the learning process.
Some of our successful games you can see at: https://www.pixelhunters.com/en/content/games